Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Three T´s

I love the Terminal. Bus terminal. Sticky hot. I love that you can buy terere to be consumed while waiting. I love that you can buy anything you might need and a whole lot of stuff you don´t. I love the travelers and what they bring. I love the "rica chipa-chipa caliente-chipa-chipa-mil-a-mil" calls. I love the wheeling and dealing newspaper vendors and the false sense of security officers that patrol the terminal. I love the reunions and the goodbyes. I do not love the smell or the dust or the heat. I do not love paying to use gross baños. But the loves far outweigh the not loves though.

The Terminal can be boring but we kept entertained because the non-stop parade of hilarious messages on T-shirts. A small sampling:
-Get It Up Baby
-More of your Customers Than Ever! Buying from the NEW DENIM JEANS!
-SEXY Sweet and Sour Girl
-Kiss Me or Kick Me
-Bring the Essential
-PUNA (with a Puma logo)
-FBI (firm believer in) JESUS (my fav!)

Traveled all night to wake up on a bus to the most amazing sky. The sun coming up in a splash of bright yellow and orange while lilac and deep blue curtained the west. I slept so deeply on the bus that I had dreams. Vivid ones. We checked into a hotel in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina and we are heading to the Falls en seguida.

It feels good to be out of Paraguay as much as I love it. I have had enough Paraguay for this trip and I am looking forward to the cool mist of the roaring "throat of the devil" and a sweet baptism under the San Martin Falls.

Pictures soon. I hope. Saludos to all!

1 comment:

  1. Gina Bell!! I don't know what the hell I'm doing trying to post a comment to a blog -- I'm a blog virgin. A blirgin. Do I have to be in my 20s or 30s and cool to do this? I've enjoyed reading your postings. I hope you are having a sweaty fun time. Hugs and kisses, Mark

    ReplyDelete